HomeMain content starts here, tab to start navigating
11 million independent restaurant and bar employees will lose their jobs if we don't act.Join The Coalition
The IRC is fighting to save local restaurants and bars and the 11 million people they employ who are affected by COVID-19.
We are the lifeblood of our economy and our communities, and we need help.Get Connected
Join us and
• A connected independent restaurant and bar community
• A united voice to speak directly to lawmakers making decisions about the fate of our industry
• Briefings about key legislative updates
• Social media copy and graphics to help mobilize your community and network
What's at Stake
Providing economic assistance for our industry is one of the most critical investments to bring our economy back, and the most visible step to give all Americans confidence that we will all come out of this. Restaurants provide unmatched ladders of opportunity to women, people of color, single mothers, and the formerly incarcerated.Stay Informed
We’re urging Congress to pass the RESTAURANTS Act, which would provide independent restaurants and bars the support they need to survive the pandemic and continue to employ millions of people.Take Action
• As of January, restaurants and bars have lost over 2.4 million jobs since the start of the pandemic — far more than any other industry.
• Over 110,000 restaurants and bars — more than one in six across the country — have been forced to permanently close since March of 2020.
• The economic activity generated by the restaurant industry as a whole accounts for 4% of the nation’s GDP.
• Independent restaurants directly support 11 million jobs, and 5 million more through their supply chains.
In loving memory of
Chef Floyd Cardoz